For Lent, God, and Love….
Just got this from my friend Jynnette… it’s so good, I thought I had to share!
Hello my love,
I hope that you’ve had an amazing and otherworldly start to the new year. In the past, the focus for Lent has centered around purifying and disciplining the body, mind, and emotions–a dominance of masculine energies. But in this new cycle, the focus has shifted to replenishment and nurturing–an emergence of the divine feminine energies.
This Lenten season is all about love, self-love. As such, I’m going to ask you to treat yourself like you would treat your greatest lover, one you’d consider to be your soulmate. Easier said than done, I know, but vital nonetheless. What you give to yourself is what you give to another. We know this but it bears repeating. Our work for this next 40 days will be an internal one primarily. It will take place in your heart of hearts, your holy of holies. Of course, you can mirror your inner work with outer changes as well, but never lose sight of the inner world.
It’s time to stop running from ourselves. And, to be honest, we don’t really have a choice in the matter anyway (more on that later! ).
My suggested guidelines for Lent this year are quite simple yet quite potent. Do with them as you will.
I. Forgveness Prayers
I was introduced to specific prayers from Mirabai Devi/Howard Wills to use in forgiveness work, and I can honestly say that I could literally sense the energetic/auric/physical/emotional/mental shifts that were happening within only a day or two of using them. You can look both individuals online if you like to research more on them and their work. I have included the two prayers which I think are most relevant for individual transformation as they focus on each parent and your self. The work starts at home! I recited these 10 times each morning and night.
1) Mom/Dad, I forgive you for all the ways in which you have hurt me, physically, emotionally, mentally, psychically, spiritually, sexually, financially, or in any other way, knowingly or unknowingly, in thought, word, or deed, in the past, present, or future. Mom/Dad, please forgive me for all the ways in which I have hurt you, physically, emotionally, mentally, psychically, spiritually, sexually, financially, or in any other way, knowingly or unknowingly, in thought, word, or deed, in the past, present, or future. God, please help Mom/Dad forgive each other and forgive ourselves. Please God, thank you God, Amen.
2) I forgive myself for all the ways in which I have hurt myself, physically, emotionally, mentally, psychically, spiritually, sexually, financially, or in any other way, knowingly or unknowingly, in thought, word, or deed, in the past, present, or future. God, please help me to forgive myself. Please God, thank you God, Amen.
II. Self Love
Whether we intend to or not, we’re going to be getting more alone time (non-busy time) than we’re used to. Make use of it by simply allowing it to be. Allow space to take residence in your mind and in your life. Stretch time a little bit and allow yourself to be replenished. What’s the rush? What are you really getting to?
1) Meditation – this is good to do for 5-10 minutes after you’ve done your forgiveness prayer work. Lay your mind down for a few moments.
2) Sun/Nature – get outside and allow all levels of your being to receive necessary photonic energy from the sun for vitality/spiritual insight and the healing harmonic resonance of the earth for resetting your body to a state of homeostasis.
3) Yoga – move your body in a conscious way. Get a little cardio in too. Exercise your physical heart. It’s going to be doing a lot of spiritual cleaning for you.
Normally I suggest doing the Daniel Fast but I know that everyone is already living in the state of conscious/healthy eating now and practicing it in their daily lives. So for this Lenten season I say continue to eat cleanly (naturally & unprocessed) but add more celebration to your food. Discover, embrace, and revel in the joy and abundance that food preparation and sharing gives you in creating a fulfilled life. Also, try taking your nutrition to the next level, however that looks for you. Experiment! Finally, I do suggest doing all fruit/veggie juices on the 6 Sundays of Lent. I’ve definitely sensed the enhanced spiritual sensitivities and revelations on Sundays so far this year so I encourage you to take advantage of that and allow yourself to be fed by the spirit and not the natural world. How is God revealing to you?
I will be providing all my writings on revelation and sharing spiritual insights every few days on my Blessed Infinity Facebook page. Go here to “Like” the page to stay connected during your Lenten process: www.facebook.com/beblessedtoinfinity
Have a blessed day and I love you sooooo much!
Be Blessed (infinity),
Facebook & YouTube: “Be blessed to infinity”
**Drink from the well, overflow in the world.**